Abigail (Abby), a 7-month-old baby, died of suffocation in 2010 after being placed stomach-down on a play yard mattress pad for a nap at day-care.  A San Mateo County Superior Court jury in Redwood City determined Abby suffocated because the mattress pad made by Evenflo was not breathable and that the baby’s breath could not pass through the plastic surface of the mattress pad.  The jury awarded $8 million for this wrongful death case.    

Now, her parents are sharing their story and asking the Consumer Product Safety Commission to make surface breathability a mandatory requirement to save baby's lives.

Sign the Petition - Require play yard mattress breathability so infants do not suffocate if they are face down.